About Global Parks
Global Parks focuses on the following objectives to be the most agile, effective, and economical source of practical experience to strengthen the management of protected areas systems and natural resources around the world.
- Organize and support a volunteer cadre of retired senior conservation professionals to strengthen the management of protected area systems and natural resources throughout the world.
- Work with government, non-profit, and other partners to systematically utilize teams of retired senior managers and subject matter experts to collaboratively achieve conservation and economic development priorities of developing countries.
- With partners, develop planning and policy foundations necessary for long term sustainability, and work to obtain funding to implement plans and develop capacity.
- Support teams of volunteer senior professionals who engage in technical assistance missions.
- Emphasize sustained mentoring and ongoing assistance between retired professionals and the overseas partners who have responsibility for the management of natural resources.
- Identify and transfer innovative ideas and practical solutions that help achieve objectives in other places.
- Implement online tools to facilitate low cost information exchange and support efficient operations an ongoing working relationships.
- Maintain a small central office to arrange logistics, coordinate, obtain financial resources, and implement online mechanisms.